Harrogate sends postcards from your hedge
Harrogate Autumn Flower Show (15 -17 September 2017) will be sending plant postcards from across the globe as it invites visitors to travel the world in their garden. Amateur Gardening magazine readers will have the chance to win one of 15 pairs of day tickets .
A new exhibition tracing the ancestry of many of our most popular plants will form the centre piece for this year’s theme, Postcards from the Hedge.
With the vast array of varieties now available in the UK, it’s easy to forget that the roots of many plants stretch to the four corners of the planet, brought to our shores by intrepid plant hunters who risked life and limb to discover the delicate and the dramatic.
Find out how fantastic fuchsias were found South America and camellias came all the way from China – not forgetting less welcome invaders, like the Himalayan balsam, which were brought to enhance our borders but are now on many people’s list of baddies!
Staged at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate Flower Show is the UK’s premier autumn gardening event, offering everything you need to create the perfect plot, plus spectacular plant nursery displays, live entertainment and great garden shopping.
These days every bit of outside space counts, so if you are looking for kerb appeal or just a place to get some peace, talented designers and landscapers will be showcasing their ideas for turning that troublesome corner into a real treasure.
Visit the Plant Pavilion for lots great ideas to keep the colour coming right into autumn and making sure the gardening season ends in a spectacular blaze of glory.
Harrogate’s world famous giant vegetable competition is getting bigger with three new classes for novices. Champion growers come from all over the country to compete for the title of heaviest and the longest, and this year the show hopes to encourage many more people to try this most intriguing aspect of horticulture.
Lose yourself in a sea of more than 5,000 beautiful autumn blooms as you explore Britain’s biggest exhibition by specialist gardening groups. Whether you love the big, blousy dahlias, the glorious gladioli, colourful carnations or minutely manicured bonsai trees, you will be amazed by the array of plants and flowers on display.
There are thousands of top quality products at the show, offering the perfect opportunity to purchase everything you need for your garden. From gloves to greenhouses the choice is endless and don’t forget you can drop after you shop at our plant and product crèche.
Competition opens on Monday 24th July 2017.
Competition closes at midnight on Monday 21st August 2017.
Terms and conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions .
- The promoter is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK”) who have their registered offices located at Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU].
- The PRIZE DRAW (“Prize Draw”) is administered by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK“) who have their registered offices located at Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU].
- The PRIZE DRAW (“Prize Draw”) is fulfilled by Harrogate flower show, (“Harrogate Flower Show”) who have their registered offices located at North of England Horticultural Society, Regional Agricultural Centre, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8NZ.
- Entry into the PRIZE DRAW (“Prize Draw”) is free to enter and entrants can via online.
- The prize (“Prize”) is 15 pairs of day tickets (“Prize“) .
- The Prize (“Prize”) does not include any other additional costs associated with the show and are not covered by this prize. No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Competition is open to UK and RoI residents aged 18 or over.
- The PRIZE DRAW is open to residents in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man aged eighteen (18) or over, excluding employees and past employees of TIUK, and Harrogate Gardenig show. its printers and agents, the supplier of the prizes and anyone materially connected to the administration of the PRIZE DRAW. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request from TIUK.
- The PRIZE DRAW will run on the online at http://www.amateurgardening.com/Harrogate (“Prize Draw Website“):
- Entry into the PRIZE DRAW is by entrants filling their required details and answer the question stated on the online via form.
- PRIZE DRAW will open on Monday 24th July 2017.
- Closing date for the receipt of PRIZE DRAW entries is Midnight Monday 21st august 2017.
- Entry into the PRIZE DRAW is online only via the link. Entry made online using methods generated by a script; macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Entries which are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and will be deemed void.
- Only one (1) entry per person may be submitted which will then become the property of TIUK.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the PRIZE DRAW
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. TIUK accept no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted to the Prize Draw Website/s or for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- The PRIZE DRAW will be drawn on Tuesday 22nd August 2017 and will be supervised by an independent observer.
- Unless otherwise stated the winner (“Winner“) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within these terms and conditions -The Winner will be notified by EMAIL within 7 day of the close date.
- Reasonable effort will be made to contact the Winner If the Winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, TIUK reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged TIUK reserves the right to offer the Prize to the runner-up supervised by an independent observer.
- If Winner cannot be contacted within 7 DAYS from the initial contact OR draw date, an alternative winner will be drawn.
- The decision of TIUK is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The Prize is as stated and is not transferable to another individual. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Confirmation of the Prize will be made by POST and TELEPHONE to the Winner.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- The Winner/s is/are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the Prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this competition and will do so in accordance with applicable data protection legislation
- When entering their details on the entry form, entrants will be given the option to opt-in to Promoter communications containing newsletters and information about products, services or promotions (“Opt-in Communications”). If the entrant does not tick the relevant box to receive Opt-in Communications, Promoter will not communicate with entrant for any purpose other than as required in connection with this competition. If the entrant does not opt-in but later decides that they would like to receive these communications, the entrant can update their marketing preferences by contacting the Promoter. If an entrant opts-in to receive Opt-in Communications, the entrant can change their mind and opt-out at any time by updating their marketing preferences by contacting the Promoter or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from the Promoter.
- Prizes are subject to availability. TIUK accept no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the Prize being withdrawn or amended.
- TIUK reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of the PRIZE DRAW at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The Winner agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK relating to any post-winning publicity.
- PRIZE DRAW may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- No alternatives to the prizes offered will be given.
- The provider of the Prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details of the promotional material shall prevail.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable all other provisions shall continue to apply.