Britain’s brightest gardening talents have joined the star line-up for this year’s Southport Flower Show and we have £600 worth of tickets to give away in our exclusive competition.
Broadcasters and experts from the nation’s favourite gardening shows on radio and TV will be sharing their expertise with visitors to Southport as the show returns this summer. One lucky Amateur Gardening magazine reader will pick up our first prize of a pair of VIP passes for the event in August.
This is the ultimate Southport Flower Show experience where you can enjoy a cold glass of Pimm’s upon arrival, an exquisite three-course lunch, a complimentary bar, indulgent afternoon tea – the works! And that’s not all…we also have 10 pairs of day tickets for runners up giving entrance into the UK’s largest independent flower show.
Southport has been a fun-filled fixture in the summer calendar for over 80 years and is famous for its fabulous floral displays. More than 50,000 visitors went to the show last year to be wowed by the vast array of blooms on display in the Grand Floral Marquee.
The show also boasts a packed programme of attractions and events for all the family including a demonstration kitchen and food village, dog displays and horseback performers.
New for this year, David Domoney, the resident garden guru on ITV’s This Morning, is hosting a celebrity theatre at Southport and has put together a star-studded line-up.
Confirmed guests include TV presenter Christine Walkden, who has appeared on BBC’s The One Show and hosted her own BBC show Christine’s Garden, and broadcaster Carol Klein, who presents Gardeners’ World and has worked on a string of gardening TV shows, will also be sharing her gardening tips with visitors to Southport.
All three experts are to give talks and presentations in the celebrity theatre which will be set up in Southport’s Grand Floral Marquee. A new addition to the Southport line-up is broadcaster and plant pathologist Pippa Greenwood who makes her first appearance at the show. Pippa, who is a regular on the BBC’s Gardeners’ World and Gardeners’ Question Time will be speaking to guests on Sunday.
David Domoney, who has co-presented ITV’s Love Your Garden since 2012, will meet visitors and pass on his expertise on each of the four days of the show. Southport will also feature appearances from broadcasters Professor Stefan Buczacki and Matthew Wilson, who have both been regulars on BBC Radio 4’s Gardeners’ Question Time.
Southport Flower Show is the UK’s largest independent flower show famous for its fabulous floral displays. The show attracted more than 50,000 visitors last year. The theme for this year’s show is ‘The Curious Garden’ with organisers aiming to showcase the sense of wonder and discovery that inspires all gardeners as they unravel the mysteries of the natural world.
TV presenter and professional ‘upcycler’ Max McMurdo is also sharing his unique design talents with visitors. Max will park up in his mobile workshop inside a converted double decker bus to show guests how they can turn household junk into quirky home treasures.
The Southport Flower Show takes place at Victoria Park in Southport, Lancashire. The 34 acre park is located on the coastline and is a short walk away from Southport town centre.
The show will take place across four days from Thursday 17th August – Sunday 20th August 2017.
Competition opens on Monday 10th July 2017.
Competition closes at midnight on Thursday 4th August 2017.
FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN ANSWER THE QUESTION BELOW
Terms and conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions .
- The promoter is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK”) who have their registered offices located at Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU].
- The PRIZE DRAW (“Prize Draw”) is administered by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK“) who have their registered offices located at Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU].
- The PRIZE DRAW (“Prize Draw”) is fulfilled by Southport flower show, (“Southport Flower Show”) who have their registered offices located at Southport Flower Show, Victoria Park, Southport, PR8 1RX.
- Entry into the PRIZE DRAW (“Prize Draw”) is free to enter and entrants can via online.
- The prize (“Prize”) is a first prize of a pair of VIP passes and 10 pairs of day tickets for runners up (“Prize“) .
- The Prize (“Prize”) does not include any other additional costs associated with the show and are not covered by this prize. No part of the prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Competition is open to UK and RoI residents aged 18 or over.
- The PRIZE DRAW is open to residents in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man aged eighteen (18) or over, excluding employees and past employees of TIUK, and Harken, Inc. its printers and agents, the supplier of the prizes and anyone materially connected to the administration of the PRIZE DRAW. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request from TIUK.
- The PRIZE DRAW will run on the online at http://www.amateurgardening.com/southport (“Prize Draw Website“):
- Entry into the PRIZE DRAW is by entrants filling their required details and answer the question stated on the online via form.
- PRIZE DRAW will open on Monday 10th July 2017.
- Closing date for the receipt of PRIZE DRAW entries is Midnight Monday 4th august 2017.
- Entry into the PRIZE DRAW is online only via the link. Entry made online using methods generated by a script; macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Entries which are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or inaudible (if made by phone) will not be valid and will be deemed void.
- Only one (1) entry per person may be submitted which will then become the property of TIUK.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the PRIZE DRAW
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. TIUK accept no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted to the Prize Draw Website/s or for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- The PRIZE DRAW will be drawn on Tuesday 8th August 2017 and will be supervised by an independent observer.
- Unless otherwise stated the winner (“Winner“) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within these terms and conditions -The Winner will be notified by EMAIL within 7 day of the close date.
- Reasonable effort will be made to contact the Winner If the Winner cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, TIUK reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged TIUK reserves the right to offer the Prize to the runner-up supervised by an independent observer.
- If Winner cannot be contacted within 7 DAYS from the initial contact OR draw date, an alternative winner will be drawn.
- The decision of TIUK is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The Prize is as stated and is not transferable to another individual. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- Confirmation of the Prize will be made by POST and TELEPHONE to the Winner.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- The Winner/s is/are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the Prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this competition and will do so in accordance with applicable data protection legislation
- When entering their details on the entry form, entrants will be given the option to opt-in to Promoter communications containing newsletters and information about products, services or promotions (“Opt-in Communications”). If the entrant does not tick the relevant box to receive Opt-in Communications, Promoter will not communicate with entrant for any purpose other than as required in connection with this competition. If the entrant does not opt-in but later decides that they would like to receive these communications, the entrant can update their marketing preferences by contacting the Promoter. If an entrant opts-in to receive Opt-in Communications, the entrant can change their mind and opt-out at any time by updating their marketing preferences by contacting the Promoter or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from the Promoter.
- Prizes are subject to availability. TIUK accept no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the Prize being withdrawn or amended.
- TIUK reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of the PRIZE DRAW at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The Winner agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK relating to any post-winning publicity.
- PRIZE DRAW may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- No alternatives to the prizes offered will be given.
- The provider of the Prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details of the promotional material shall prevail.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any of these terms and conditions is found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable all other provisions shall continue to apply.