Best buy 20/20
Gardman Coir and Wire Boot Scraper
For stockists: Tel 01406 37222
Robust, naturally coloured bristles on a galvanised wire frame.
Mat-like design with central ridge and frame, plus spaced, short coir bristles to clean undersides and edges of both boots in one go. When not in use it can be propped upright next to the door to make space.
Very easy to use – simply wipe both feet in the traditional manner. The width was perfect for any size boot and turning the sides in to the bristle ridges ensured a proper clean-up. Spacing between the wires meant the dirt fell through onto the ground, and I could bash it against the wall to shake off any mud after use.
Good-looking and effective, this scraper would suit all tastes and budgets.
Others on test were:
* Bosmere N472 scraper 18/20 £25.99 Tel. 01293 586200 for stockists
* Calder Gates wrought iron scraper and welly holder 17/20 £35.99 Tel. 01484 711524 www.caldergates.co.uk
* The range cast iron boot brush and scraper £24.99 (p&p £4.95) 13/20 Tel. 0845 026 7598 www.therange.co.uk
* Cast iron boot brush and jack £18.95 (p&p £4.95) 14/20 Tel. 0845 402 5300 www.harrodhorticultural.com
* Tortoise boot scraper £14.99 17/20 For stockists Tel. 01406 372222